Meetings & Events

This page provides a record of the meetings and events attended by H.O.M.E committee members on behalf of residents.

Saturday, 21 August 2021 | 3:00 pm | Victorian house in Outram Road

2021 AGM and social

This year we had an offer to hold our AGM in the Victorian house in Outram Road, home to the late Shirley Mills. Shirley was one of the longest-standing members of our Residents Association, a lovely and charismatic person. Tracey, her daughter, is our host and we are very grateful for this gesture to our community.
We plan to have a sunny day! and hold the short official part of the AGM on the terrace and in the garden. There will be an opportunity to get an update on HOME concerns and discuss any issues that trouble us. Please send an RSVP to athome@addicombe.net. The agenda and reports will then be sent to you.
It will be possible to have a look around the house as well. We will maintain all socially responsible measures, however please be mindful of coronavirus and come only if you are well.
Please respond if you wish to attend - we will have refreshments and need to know the numbers.
You will be able to attend only if you register beforehand.

Monday, 19 July 2021 | 11:00 pm

Residents' Association Meeting with Croydon Planning Department

Mira Armour attended the meeting which was organised by Croydon Planning Department. The agenda was:
1. Development Management Structure (NJT),
2. Croydon Local Plan Review & nLP (JD and HF),
3. Working together to manage development (NJT and HC),
4. The Planning Bill (HC).
See links below for meeting notes and the presentation which will have all the key details, housing targets, etc. including the relevant dates for Local Plan Review.

Sunday, 6 September 2020 | 3:00 pm

2020 AGM

Due to COVID the annual general meeting this year was held with limited numbers over a period of time, via zoom and individual contacts. If you have questions or would like to discuss any points please contact us first via email at athome@addiscombe.net to arrange for a member of committee to talk to you. You will find the annual report and accounts at the following links:

Wednesday, 5 August 2020 | 11:00 pm

Trees in our H.O.M.E

In August many trees were pollarded and on behalf of H.O.M.E RA, Mira wrote to try and prevent this work being done while the trees were in full leaf. Additionally Mira wrote to Director of Public Realm, Steve Iles regarding trees.
H.O.M.E RA committee has always worked to make the roads greener and healthier asking the council for more trees. The effort has paid off and in 2018 ten new tree places were put into Elgin Road. In 2020 we expect nine replacement trees in Havelock Road.

If you have questions or concerns about the trees in the H.O.M.E roads, the RA committee urge you to contact the council and our councillors:
Tree and Woodland Officer: James.Canneaux@croydon.gov.uk
Councillor: maddie.henson@croydon.gov.uk
Councillor: jeet.bains@croydon.gov.uk

Tuesday, 21 July 2020 | 5:30 pm

Traffic Meeting with the Council

We held a Zoom meeting on Tuesday 21st July with the chair of the Traffic Management Advisory Committee, our Councillors, our MP Sarah Jones and senior council officers in charge of Public Realm and Highways

Sunday, 12 July 2020 | 11:00 pm

Low traffic initiatives

Councillor Stuart King speaks on low traffic initiatives.

Friday, 6 September 2019 | 11:00 pm | 31 Havelock Road

2019 AGM

​With lots of tea and cake, a quiz and special guests the AGM was a super social event and proceedings ensued without a hitch.

Wednesday, 26 June 2019 | 11:00 pm

Meeting with Council Officers, Councillors and RA

Meeting to discuss possible way forward. Raw traffic data spreadsheets are available on request from HOME Committee. Please come to our AGM on 7th September to discuss as change might be afoot that we are not supporting.

Monday, 4 February 2019 | 8:30 pm | Ismaili Muslim Community Centre, 203 Addiscombe Rd, Croydon CR0 6SP

H.O.M.E Meeting to discuss options for trying to fix the traffic chaos

This meeting is scheduled for residents of the H.O.M.E RA to discuss views on how to fix the traffic chaos resulting from the changes to traffic flow in Lebanon, Addiscombe Court and Canning Roads.
Please email us if you think you can attend the meeting, and state your name, address and ideas you have so we can add them to the list to discuss.
We are very grateful to the Ismaili Centre for letting us use their facilities for this important local meeting

Tuesday, 8 January 2019 | 7:00 pm | Ashburton Hall, Lower Addiscombe Rd, Croydon CR0 6RX

Community Meeting on Traffic

Meeting with residents of Addiscombe (East and West) to look at how to resolve the problems of traffic displacement to Addiscombe East following the changes to permitted travel along Addiscombe Road Road and Canning Road.
Well over 120 residents attended this meeting. On the whole it was a well-tempered meeting with few raising their voices.